• Accomplished, results-oriented Senior Leader in B2B & B2C Digital Business, Technology and Innovation with 20+ years delivery experience in challenging and complex environments.
• Seasoned professional in creating and implementing programs of work around Go to Market and new/start up technology, including talent selection and retention.
• Well-practiced ability to align tactical and strategic programs of work to critical business objectives in a rapidly moving business environment. Combined with a tenacious capacity to identify and champion smarter internal process improvements for tangible benefits.
• Critically aware of stakeholder management and that producing first class results through collaboration and longevity in relationships is paramount to enduring success.
• Industry experience: working exclusively in Telco since 2007. Prior to this, Banking & Finance, Manufacturing, and the Public Sector.
• Enthusiastic about the next phase of my career in Toronto in a leadership role across digital technology, although 'reinvention' is also an exciting option, I'm keeping an open mind.
Following the acquisition of the National Bank of New Zealand by ANZ Bank in 2004, the Programme objective was to effectively bring together the ANZ and NBNZ Institutional Banking systems onto one system (or retained on different systems as defined by the business). The position involved regular and frequent trips to Wellington NZ, as this was crucial for delivery. The programme was delivered on time and within budget. This result was extremely significant for ANZ daily operations, for annual reporting to shareholders and the overall profit result of ANZ Bank.
● Devised project organisation and controls in line with PRINCE2 framework.
● Consultation with senior stakeholders to confirm mandate and secure funding.
● Assembled the team and identified key resource gaps and interviewed and recruited accordingly. This included senior team members to be based in Wellington.
● Established and maintained a rigorous weekly reporting procedure automated from individual project managers’ schedules. This was required to obtain whole of programme status position.
● Employed appropriate governance, risk management and quality assurance techniques.
● Advised senior executives on project issues, work progress and risk mitigation via the Project Steering Committee and executive briefings.
● Composition and presentation of high profile executive reports and internal project communications to reflect Programme status, achievements to date, overall health and probability of hitting key dates based on risk appraisal and mitigation.